Sunday, April 19, 2009

Portfolio

We are starting to work on our last assignments in my in-class photography class. This will be considered our portfolio. I'm still required to take additional photographs to add better quality pictures...and have had very little opportunity lately to do so. Its not so much a time issue, as I've set time aside for this class (I love this class!), its more of a weather issue. The weather has been....icky to put it nicely. Overcast and rainy does not make for nice photographs. (Although I personally love overcast and rainy!) I have a few of Ethan and Max that might work, and a couple of kids playing on the playground on the one nice day we had after school. I do have one decent one inside as well.

My teacher suggested I try to get photographs of kids other than my own. I told him that I don't know many other kids, and most parents won't appreciate me taking pictures of their kids. He laughed and agreed. (The ones on the playground have other kids, as I did ask moms that I talk to and they were all fine with it...but again, with only one opportunity and one background--the park--it's difficult.)

I have 10-15 pictures due tomorrow. This is not a lot, but they all have to "work together." I completely forgot about this until this morning, so I'm stressing a little. I have a few pictures from previous assignments that I think are pretty good and would like to use, but again, they have to be a cohesive unit. It's not even 10 am, so I suppose I have plenty of time to figure it out today...I'd just rather have it done and have a hand full of good new pictures to add to the mix.

No comments: