Monday, February 2, 2009

Just Relax Already

I just got home from class. Its surprising me how much each assignment seems so difficult to me. I guess there is a lot more thought that needs to go into taking photographs than I thought. Assn 3 isn't due until next Monday, so I have another week to take tons of pictures...we'll see what I come up with. I don't remember if I mention that it has to do with light. Not taking pictures of the sun/sky, lamps, etc...but how light sources affect your subject. Harsh/soft, reflective/absorbing, etc etc.

I am pleased to say that I just opened my grade for Assn #2 and got 30/30! Better than my first assignment! Maybe I need to stop being so hard on myself, stop worrying what other people think so much and enjoy what I'm doing. Figure out how to do the same thing I've been doing for so long, yet in the guidelines of the assignments. I have some ideas for this assignment...but I still have one sick kid, two other classes...and less than favorable weather conditions...maybe I can steal a few pictures I took previously (I have a few in mind that fit the assignment perfectly!).

As for my digital photography class...I now have to critique at least two other peoples pictures, then respond to at least one other persons critique (if someone critiques mine, I have to respond to that). I guess this gets us thinking about photographs and filling the frame and all that...but honestly, most of the pictures people posted SUCK!!! Not just snapshot bad. Or not that great like mine bad. But B. A. D. bad! UGH I guess I should do that right now and try to get someone with decent pics before someone else does to make it easier and so I won't sound too harsh!!!

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

The feedback part is the part of online classes that always sent me batty. Getting in early is the easiest and best solution. I dont know if you are required to read through all of them but I had an english class that I did and OMG the time it good was out of this world. Have fun.

mollymaureen said...

Sounds like you are doing great! Just do what comes naturally and everything will turn out fine. As far as online course go, I thought I was going to age 100 years in the course of one summer course. I remember how time consuming it was to comment on everyone elses comments. I feel like thats the only way the professors can pretend they have a real class.
Good Luck.