Thursday, February 5, 2009

Digital Photo -- Assn 1 Critique

I got a critique yesterday. It was from one of the people that I critiqued. I said about 80% nice things about his pictures...which was kind of hard.

He preceded to go through my pictures one at at time and tell me what was bad about them. Awesome. If he did like a picture he would say, "Good perspective" or "Good use of light" and that was all. I'm not hurt by this, and I really don't care what some random person things. I just thought it was odd. Especially considering he literally numbered my pictures and in his other critique he did it in paragraph form like the rest of us are doing. This is not a, "I'm going to get back at them for saying something negative about mine" type of thing...and I don't know if that's how he was feeling...it was just a little more harsh than I expected. Oh well. I'm going to come up with some kind of response then I'll be done with that for this assignment.

I have lots of pictures to take this weekend for my regular photography class, and have absolutely no idea how I'm going to take them all concerning "light sources." I feel like I need some kind of difference in scenery/background when it comes to these photographs...and I don't know how to go about it. I guess I have to get creative, and maybe drive somewhere with the kids in tow...poor kids! ;-)

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

Im sure the kids will enjoy wherever you take them. Are there any parks, zoos or free places that you have thought of exploring but havent? You might want to venture into some of those. Then again its freaking cold so Im not sure. Good luck, cant wait to see what you photograph. All this photography talk has seriously made me photo crazy...if the rock pictures didnt make that blatantly obvious already.