Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Assignment Two

So, I showed my pictures today. I don't know how it went really. I wish he would post grades right after we turned the pics in! Oh well.

I did end up showing the first picture, I don't know why, I couldn't decide, so just used it. He was more than not impressed. One person didn't like this picture because it was too dark on the main subject, that the light on the right side overtook the picture too much. The teacher and two people commented in a good way on this picture, so it was a good choice.

All I know is that I seem to be the exception in the class. Everyone seems to be taking random, artsy pictures. I want to improve my portrait/people picture skills. If no one else shows pictures of people on Friday, I think I'm going to ask if it would be better for me to take those artsy pictures as well and learn to take better pictures of what I enjoy another time.

I know I have a lot to learn, but I think it was just a let down. I was trying really hard and I thought they were at the very least ok. Not just snapshots of my kids where they are in the center of every pic, etc.

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

Im not sure how I would focus in this class as I would want to learn to improve taking photos I like to take not random crap. I hope this is not the direction you have to take but if so Im sure it will still be a learning experience. I may be partial to the kid picks as I LOVE your children and think they are gorgeous! Wait I do take pictures of random crap too, go figure...shrooms are AWESOME!