Monday, January 19, 2009

Assignment One -- Turned In

Today we turned in our assignment. There were some issues with the computers, and 20 people trying to use four computers all at once. Of course I'm one of the two people who don't have a file in the sever, so I wasn't even able to actually turn it in. I did, however, share my pictures.

With each assignment, we will turn them into our folders, then share them with the class. Today wasn't very thorough...more just showing that we did the work. Future assignments will have much more explanation and critique. Only about half the people showed today (its only an hour long class), and he is going to give us collective feedback on Wednesday/Friday.

I was quite surprised by what some people took pictures of. At least three people took pictures of their dogs/horses. How the F is that an inanimate object??? I dunno. There were several people who took the "subject" a little further than I did, by making it a "theme." One person did "Country Living" and took various pictures of things around her house. A couple others took pictures throughout the "Old Market" in Omaha. He didn't say much...so I don't know if I did the assignment completely wrong or what. Either that, or there are a bunch of IDIOTS in my class! Considering there are so many point-and-shoot cameras and for many of them its their first time taking digital pictures...who knows.

I start my Digital Photography online class today. I logged in earlier, but only had a couple minutes to see if I was in the class, etc. I need to go check out my online classes now to see what I'm getting myself into! If I learn anything cool, I will definitely share!

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

The different views on how to do the assignment is interesting but something that always annoyed me in school. When an assignment description is not black and white I just get nervous. Good luck, im sure you did fine.