Saturday, January 24, 2009

Assignment Two

Yesterday I started taking pictures of my kids doing various things. After school I let them play on the snow piles much longer than I normally would, so I could get pictures. I took pictures of Ethan doing homework. I even took pictures while they were watching a movie before bed. Although its only 5 degrees out, I took them and Natalie's friend to the park this morning to take more. It was supposed to be cloudy all weekend, and when I saw the sun out I figured we should take advantage of it. This assignment is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I've taken well over 350 pictures, and I honestly don't know if I have more than a handful that will "fulfill" the assignment requirements. Thank god for digital cameras! lol I'm trying to look at the pictures as abstractly as possible, and to think about the frame while I'm taking each picture. This can be quite difficult with moving subjects!!! ;-) Not to mention I'm trying really hard to manually focus...and well, I'm not doing so hot with that either. So far, I've narrowed it down to 78 pictures, and I plan on taking more. I'll go back and look at these and see if I feel like any of them will actually work.

For now, here is one of the pictures I will most likely turn in. I really like the lines of the trees and the shadow that is parallel with the sidewalk. I dunno, I think it looks nice! :-)



1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

Its a neat picture and I agree, the lines of the trees are great. Those caught my eye instantly.