Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Studio Lighting -- Part Five -- Serious 1

After some cheek rubbing...I encouraged her to NOT smile! For the most part, I'd rather get a serious face than a cheesy grin! Most of my favorite pictures fall into the "serious" category. Ready...here we go with MORE!

This expression is priceless.


I showed her this picture not long after I took it and told her that I really liked it. She said, "But mom, I was just itching my neck!" Me: "Exactly!"



The next two are a little dark, I was still having issues with lighting. But in a way, I like how they give a somewhat somber look.



I lightened the previous a bit in Photoshop...I still don't know which one I like more! (That and I'm not a photoshop whiz...I'm sure someone else could do a much better job!)


More of those big eyes!
(I put a red and blue color filter on the main light, and it made most of the background white instead of the odd cream color. Either that, or my settings made it seem more blow out than it should be. I don't know, but it was fairly consistent and I liked the effect!)





More tomorrow!

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

Nat is so full of expressions...how long were you doing this again?